If you are at all anxious about a procedure to be performed, we encourage you to ask us about our options for sedation. The majority of our patients choose IV sedation for all surgical, and some non-surgical procedures. It is absolutely important to us that you be completely relaxed and safe during your procedural visits. If you are to be sedated, a responsible adult must accompany you to the office and provide transportation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTRAVENOUS (IV) SEDATION-CONSCIOUS SEDATION
1. Please do not eat or drink anything 3 hours prior to your dental appointment.
2. Wear loose fitting clothes so that you will be comfortable during the procedure and so that we can have access to your forearm.
3. Have someone with you to drive you home and help you get your prescriptions from the pharmacy.
4. If you are instructed to take any special medication prior to your dental appointment, please do so as directed.
5. If you are currently taking medication prescribed by your doctor, please continue to do so at your regularly scheduled time unless directed otherwise.
6. If you have any questions, please call us at (912) 352-2021.